What a great title. I have no clue what it means, but what a great title. I hope I can live up to all of your expectations after reading that.
Yeah, so yesterday was my birthday. I found it to be quite…meh, at first. I went home to grumpy children, a messy house and an incessantly barking dog. Awesome.
After that, the evening was much better. Out to dinner and friends for drinks. Can’t be depressed with alcohol, feuding dogs and besties in my house. AND cake. Fudgy icing…the. Best.
Birthdays are one of those occasions where coming up with something original and fun to do is kinda old hat by the time you hit your…older-years. I’d rather just kick back with a glass of wine, eat good food and visit with friends. That’s perfect. Sorta like a DH night Spectacular only happening mid-week. That’s what I’ll do next year for ma birthday. Get all the ladies together mid-week for a DH Special Edition…I’ll remember to get the next day off of work so it should be spectacular. Only 364 more days to go! Rock on, winos…
I’m drinking a coffee from yesterday that D2 bought me, but I was too full to drink. Is that bad? It tastes okay…just a little funky. Probs should have tossed it, but couldn’t bring myself to toss a perfectly good coffee. If I get sick, I’ll be sure to post something of my untimely demise…or get one of ma family members to do so. I’m sure they’ll be all “If she just hadn’t have drank that day-old coffee, she could still be here drinking yukky wine instead. She bequeathed me this here blog, so I’ll be the one writing here from now on.” (I imagined one of ma family members talking like a southern redneck…not sure how or why they would spontaneously become southern…maybe it had to do with the fumes from the day-old coffee. Turns peeps into rednecks…you have been warned.) Good luck with that, kids….I should try to stay alive to save you from hearing about D2’s rowing and constant living at the boathouse and how she tragically missed ma birthday supper; or son’s escapades on the golf course with 80 year old men who threaten to sue him because he hit a line drive and almost hit an old geezer who was just about to finish on the green; nice; or D1’s attempts at securing her own car whilst working two jobs and whining incessantly about all of the above; or Hubby lamenting about his job and the knee surgery he’s about to undergo in the fall and how it really is tragic and sad that hockey isn’t a year round sport.
It really is awesome being me.
Just think, by keeping myself alive, I’m saving you from all of that shit.
You. Are. Welcome.
So here are a few fun facts to keep you entertained and enlightened on this auspicious day:
· 25 – the number of times I’ve said ‘fuck- off’ in my head today. It’s only 9:30 am.
· 3 – the number of times Mags bit me on my ear to try to wake me up at 5:30am to go out and pee. Most of the above bullet could be from the Mags episode alone….
· A Year and A Half – the amount of time it’s going to take me to read Under The Dome by Stephen King that one of my Besties gave me last night and I’m dying to start. It’s friggin’ huge.
· 10 – the number of glasses of wine I WANTED to drink last night
· 3- the number of glasses of wine I ACTUALLY drank last night
· 29 – had I been turning 29 yesterday, that would have been the number of candles on my cake
· 74- The number of candles Hubby actually put on my birthday cake.
· 5- the number of pages in the divorce package
Miss H, had I voted on your ‘who’s the couple most likely to be divorced first?’ question last Saturday night, I would be able to say “I WIN!”…ugh. I kid, I kid….Hubby still wants to be married to me, and vice-versa…despite the candle explosion.
There you have it, some enlightening numeral facts that you all should be proud to know.
I live for this shit….